Rainforest Sealer - is a high solids,
low VOC, durable sealer for decks,
siding, masonry and more. Made locally from
native oils, resins,
minerals and beeswax there are no petrochemicals to leech into the atmosphere and no formaldehyde based mildewcides that often drift indoors.
This non-toxic finish is tintable,
water repelling and pleasant to work with.
By using this non-toxic
wood sealer you will be able to protect from UV Radiation, and biological pests such as mold, wood decay fungi and insects. Water will bead off the wood. The grains natural beauty will be illuminated. Rainforest Sealer will harden into the wood. It is not subject to evaporation of solvents since it is a high solids, wood impregnation oil. This is a long lasting solution for
Above: Pressure treated decking
colored with a raw, inorganic earth pigment. The customer was able to match the look of
a natural patina similar to
Top Reasons to use Rainforest Sealer:
- Global Warming - The EPA has found that paint solvents cause millions of tons of ground level ozone, which damages our health and the planet.
Common Deck / Siding Stains are very high in Solvents.
Earthpaint only uses Citrus in small amounts.
Impregnation Technology: By saturating raw wood fibers with high quality / high solids natural resin the wood becomes fully impregnated, hardened and protected. Future coats build upon this initial impregnation thus all subsequent applications increase in strength. Wood fibers cure into a hard, breathable surface. Labor costs more than stain. Buy better stain pay less for recoating your deck.
- High Solids = High Quality-
Most deck stains use only
25% resin. We use 92.99% resins. You get
more than triple the purity!
- Consumer Reports suggests using high quality deck stains because there is no repainting every year. http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/home-garden/paint/deck-treatments/deck-treatments-7-06/overview/0607_deck-treatments_ov.htm
- Locally Gathered Beeswax, Citrus, Flax Oil and Pine Resin.
- Natural minerals inhibit mildew, wood decay fungi, insects & UV
- No formaldehyde. The common mildewcide base.
- Earthpaint is Environmentally friendly.
- No Petrochemicals. Break the oil habit.
- Safer for the painter.
- No buying paint thinner as a filler that creates ground level ozone. Just pure natural oils.
- Easy to apply. Just brush or roll on.
- Can be tinted to semi transparent or solid color for the most protection.
- Cleans up easily
with Earthpaint Citrus Solvent cleaner and water. No messy, smelly mineral spirits!!!
- Can be applied in multiple coats "wet on wet" for an easy two coat technique that lasts even longer.
- Easy to
recoat. No Peeling. Just wash lightly and reapply.
This leaves the wood even more nourished than after the
Warming & Paints